2018-2023 Economic Development Strategic Plan
The Township of Ramara's 2017-2022 Corporate Strategic Plan identifies a priority to support Economic and Tourism Development. This priority aims to grow the local economy and strengthen local businesses while promoting the natural assets in the Township. To achieve this goal, the Township must have a plan in place that is reflective of the current environment with realistic actions and objectives.
The Township's Economic Development Staff and Ramara Economic Development Committee worked with the Rural Economic Development Advisor from the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) to create a realistic and achievable Economic Development Strategy. This strategy is aligned with the overall strategic direction of the municipality while reflecting the current business environment in Ramara.
Township of Ramara Vision for Economic Development
Our vision is for a cohesive, well-serviced community that has facilitated the development of a diverse and profitable business community and municipality.
- Increase the amount of infrastructure available to the businesses and community, including internet, natural gas, water, wastewater and transportation.
- Enhance and increase the level of capacity and service for economic development in Ramara Township
- Identify and address barriers to development
- Support Business Retention and attraction from start-up to expansion
- Promote Investment in Ramara