We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In

Icon for Ramara

Fire-Fireworks Information
Skip Navigation LinksRamara Township > Fire-Fireworks Information


2019 Fireworks Notification

Fireworks Bylaw 2019.40 - Bayshore Village and Lagoon City

Fireworks Permit Application - Only for Bayshore Village and Lagoon City


Residents no longer have to notify Orillia Dispatch when lighting fireworks.

  Fireworks Safety Tips From the Office of the Fire Marshall


To minimize the risk of fire and burn injury, the fire service does not recommend family fireworks or informal neighbourhood displays. 

The fire service recommends attending public fireworks displays hosted by your municipality or other responsible organization. 


If you still choose to have a family fireworks or an informal neighbourhood display, check with your local fire department about regulations regarding fireworks. Here are some important safety tips to be followed: 


Appoint a responsible person to be in charge. Only adults who are aware of the hazards and essential safety precautions should handle and discharge fireworks.


Carefully read and follow the label directions on fireworks packaging.


Always keep a water hose or pail of water close by when discharging fireworks.


Discharge fireworks well away from combustible materials like buildings, trees and dry grass. 


Keep onlookers a safe distance away, upwind from the area where fireworks are discharged. 


Light only one firework at a time and only when they are on the ground. Never try to light a firework in your hand or re-light dud fireworks. For dud fireworks, it is best to wait 30 minutes and soak them in a bucket of water. Dispose of them in a metal container. 


Discharge fireworks only if wind conditions do not create a safety hazard.


Keep sparklers away from children. Sparklers burn extremely hot and can ignite clothing, cause blindness and result in severe burns. As the sparkler wire remains hot for some minutes after burnout, it should be immediately soaked in water to avoid injury. 


If someone gets burned, run cool water over the wound for three to five minutes and seek medical attention, if necessary.

Office of the Ontario Fire Marshal Copyright 2007