Building / Planning / Property Standards
In recognizing the state of emergency announced by Premier Ford, the Township is continuing to meet regularly to ensure decisions are made based on recommendations from the province and public health officials.
Due to this, the Township of Ramara is announcing additional municipal service impacts. Effective immediately, the Township of Ramara will be suspending all building inspections. If you have a building inspection booked, a building inspector will be in touch with you. For more specific information, please see the Township of Ramara COVID-19 Information page.
Posted 2020-03-19 12:24pm
The Planning Department provides
guidance for the development of the municipality, assisting you with the
development and use of your property, and ensuring proposals meet the
required setbacks and permitted uses. The Planning Department interprets
and answers questions relating to the Zoning Bylaw, Official Plan and
Site Plan Control Bylaw, and provides support to the Committee of
Adjustment. The Planning Department accepts and reviews applications
- Site Plan Approval
- Minor Variances and Consent
- Zoning Bylaw Amendments and Official Plan Amendments
- Renewable Energy Projects
We can provide information specific to
your property regarding permitted uses and setbacks, aerial views,
measurements and surveys (if on file)
Explain how the Zoning Bylaw applies to you and your property
Provide contact information for other applicable agencies (such as MNR, LSRCA, MTO, etc.)
The Building Department’s
responsibility is to enforce the Ontario Building Code. The Ontario
Building Code is a minimum standard for construction to protect the
occupants of a building. The Ontario Building Code is regularly updated
to reflect changes in technology and the needs of society. Click here
for the most current Ontario Building Code.
When do you need a building permit?
- New buildings (including accessory buildings over 10 square metres)
- Additions to existing buildings
- Repairs, renovations, and alterations of existing buildings
- Prefabricated and relocation of buildings
- Various structures (decks, sheds, retaining walls, towers, etc.)
- Installation of plumbing, drains, sewers and sewage systems
- Installation of solar panels
- Change of use of buildings or structures
To book an inspection please call 705-484-5374 extension 234. Please be advised inspections require a minimum 48 hours notice.